Monday, December 15, 2008

The Most Freezingest Time of the Year

On Friday, I was sitting in my office, listening to streaming radio and on came "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year." I had to literally grab my desk to prevent myself from ripping the speakers off the desk and flinging them out the window. It's cold, there are tourists everywhere meaning that I can walk nowhere on the midtown streets and, truth be told, this is just not my year. So, I went for a run.

I am just about 4 weeks into my training program with Team in Training, and on Saturday, we raced. It was the New York Road Runners' Holiday 4 miler. And, was it freaking cold out there! I couldn't really feel my feet for the first mile-seriously. But then I got into my groove and just started plugging along. I finished in 32:56- a PR for me and a math calculation for you-and went home to some delicious cranberry pancakes and then headed out to my show. Oh, right, I did shows at Mary's this weekend.

I am also completely obsessed with the Physique 57 class that I am taking. You know, Kelly Ripa's workout place? It's really amazing work, though I will not hide the fac tthat I swear during it- especially the thigh work....OUCH! But, my month unlimited special is up next week, and I have no idea what I am going to do! I am dreading it- but will come back after the holiday ready to start going only twice a week or so.....
To take its place, partially, I also signed up for a New York Road Runners class to work on speed and such. It's just one more structured workout a week for ten weeks. Hopefully, it helps and I get a bit faster.

Alright, more soon- gotta get to Physique!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home